I try to take my camera with me everywhere because you never know when you're going to see something cute or interesting or just down-right funny. But sometimes I take the camera out of my bag to take pictures of Sharkdog and I end up leaving the apartment without it. That's what happened today. So I'll have to tell you what I saw instead of just showing you a picture.
Brian and I normally head home after class, but today we decided to go to KFC for lunch. After eating my fried chicken, I went to the ladies' room to wash my hands. And this is what I saw:
[Okay, this is where I would have inserted the picture, but as I said earlier, I didn't have my camera. Above the sink there was a sign that said (in German and in English): Out of order. Please use the sink in the gentlemen's room or the one downstairs to wash your hands.]
Uh, what was that? The sink in the girl's room isn't working, so go into the guy's bathroom to wash your hands? Apparently so. In case you're wondering, I just used the sink downstairs. For a brief moment, I was tempted to go into the guy's room -- after all, I had permission -- but after a second thought I decided that I would be really embarrassed if there was anyone in there.
-----
In other news, I made biscuits and gravy today using this biscuit recipe from All Recipes. And they were delicious! I highly recommend it. But be careful -- you may not be able to go back to the canned biscuits after trying this recipe.
Friday, September 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
That's hilarious! I wish you had gone ahead and used the Gentlemen's sink...that would have been awesome. (But I would have gone downstairs, too.)
Would you please stop mentioning food on this blog?!?! Every time you mention a food item, I start to crave it. (No, I'm not preggo.) Maybe if you just talk about yucky old vegetables I'll get over it.
You're my inspiration...(go ahead, you know you want to sing along)
I made the biscuits tonight to go along with my chicken chowder soup (yes, I realize they aren't Weight Watchers, but you made me do it) and they were GREAT. YUM!
Gina - Sorry about all the food talk. I won't write about the delicious pear bread I baked yesterday.
Christy - I'm not really sure what song you're referring to, but that's okay. I know the "Wind Beneath My Wings" one -- maybe we can sing that together. I'm glad you liked the biscuits.
Christy didn't mention she called me two times during her bisquit making processing....but I guess I have to admit you both out did me. After coaching Christy through "cutting in" the butter and assuring her that omitting the smidgen of cream of tarter wouldn't ruin the biscuits, I decided to try them myself. I perfectly "cut in the butter" (even used REAL butter) and added the 1/2 teaspoon of cream of tarter. I patted them out smooth, used a biscuit cutter (Christy had to make do with a glass) and placed them perfectly in the pan. I kept a close eye on them...but they just never seemed to rise or brown. That's when I realized...I forgot the 4 teaspoons of baking powder! Yes, leaving out 1/2 t of cream of tarter probably wasn't noticeable...but unless you're making communion bread put in the baking powder! Dumped them in the trash and started over... then they were delicious.. I know this is long and drawn out, but I get my inspiration from Alisha, too. :)
Oh come on...haven't you heard of a little band called Chicago?
"You're the meaning in my life
You're the inspiration
You bring feeling to my life
You're the inspiration
Wanna have you near me
I wanna have you hear me sayin'
No one needs you more that I need you"
Mom - Has the student surpassed the teacher? Well, maybe not. We all make mistakes -- glad you figured out the mistake and tried again.
Christy - Okay, I know that song. But you didn't start from the beginning the first time! And now I have it stuck in my head.
Post a Comment