Thursday, November 8, 2007

Getting it done

We get home from school around 3:15. Within the hour, it's pretty much dark outside. Usually when it gets dark so early it makes the days feel really short. But right now it's having the opposite affect on me. And I'm rather enjoying it. It makes me feel like I have a lot more time to get stuff done.

It's a bit past 8:00 right now. Since I got home from school I have...

...figured out how to use my new sewing machine. The manual is in at least 4 languages, none of which are English. While I couldn't find the manual in English online, I was able to find a manual for an older model that seems to be almost identical. I got as far as I could without any fabric to work with -- but that should be remedied tomorrow after Amanda and I visit a textile shop.

...prepared and eaten dinner. Curried Honey Mustard Chicken. So easy and so delicious. I've been thinking about it every since I tried the recipe a month or so ago. I forgot to decrease the amount of butter like reviewers suggested, so it turned out a little saucy. But the sauce is great over rice. And who doesn't like it a little saucy sometimes?

...cleaned the kitchen. Not just washed the dishes, but put away the cartons for recycling and cleaned the counters. I love it when there's nothing on the counter except the things that are supposed to be there -- the bread board, coffee maker and canisters. And in case you're wondering about the towel laying on the counter, I also...

...started on some bread. I love baking bread. This is the Sweet Dinner Rolls recipes. I made them half-size because the last time I made them they were huge. Good for sandwiches, but too big for dinner rolls. You want them to be small enough that you can eat two. :) I used Kräuter Butter (butter with herbs) instead of regular butter on half of these. (You can see the flecks of herbs on some of the rolls in the photo.) I'm excited to see how they turn out.

... completed my German homework. Well, it's almost complete. We have to translate a recipe from our home country into German. I translated the recipe yesterday, but I need to write it out today.

Now I'm off to bake the bread and finish my homework.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sounds like you're not having any trouble staying busy.

Brad & Stacey said...

I'll have to try that chicken recipe!
Looks delicious!

Have a good weekend!