When I told Brian the news, he said, "I hope there will be a post about this." And I told him there would be one. So here it is.
I've been sewing a lot this week. I plan on showing you some of the stuff (oh, it's cute!), but not until after Christmas. I'm not saying that anyone who reads this blog is getting anything handmade for Christmas. I'm not saying that at all. But this is all beside the point.
The point is I've been sewing. And perhaps I've tried sewing a bit more than my machine could handle. At one point, I tried sewing through a stack of about 4 pieces of fabric and 4 pieces of interfacing. The needle got stuck in a weird bendy position and it took a little work to get it out. But I checked the needle and it didn't appear bent and everything seemed to still work fine. So I pressed on.
Well, over the next day or two I noticed the fabric wasn't feeding properly. And it was pulling a bit to the right. And sometimes there was a popping noise. And, well, I didn't want to admit it, but I started thinking maybe I shouldn't have bought a sewing machine at a grocery store.
Last night I told Brian that I was having some trouble with the machine. He didn't say anything. I asked if he wanted to say something about it. He declined.
Today I packed up the sewing machine and returned it to the store. I was a bit nervous because I was afraid I would have to explain the problem in German. But the whole experience was very anti-climatic. After waiting in line for a few minutes, I had my cash and walked out of the store.
I'm hoping to buy a new machine tomorrow. I have projects to finish.
Friday, December 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment