Saturday, March 1, 2008

It may be time for duct tape

My computer is still barely holding on. Earlier this week, the twisted metal piece that connects the left side of the monitor finally broke. So now only a thin cable is connecting the monitor to the keyboard on the left side. The cardboard and twine are still doing their part, although they may need reinforcements before too long.

Fortunately, I shouldn't have to wait much longer for my new computer.

And because I know you're curious, here are the photos. I'm sure all of that dust is helping the situation. Maybe we can all pretend it's not there.

broken laptop1

broken laptop2

broken laptop3

3 comments:

Lori said...

what in the world did you do to your poor computer, except way overuse it! :)

Anonymous said...

Your new little red Dell is ready to come home to you. Just hang on a few more days. We'll be there in 11 days.

Alisha said...

Lori - It's probably from carrying it around with the laptop open all the time. When I get a new one, I'll close it when I'm carrying it around.

Mom - I'm excited about your visit -- not just the arrival of the laptop. I just didn't want to tell the world exactly when you would be out of the country. So that's why I haven't mentioned that part. :)