Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Something's amiss

I ran across an article today that I found amusing. German Toymaker Launches Barak Obama Doll.

I think this is my favorite part:
[Doll-maker Marcel Offermann] admits that the physical resemblance to Obama could have been closer. "The doll works more on a symbolic level," he said. "It's a symbiosis of the clothing and the fact it's a black doll." Although "90 percent" of the feedback so far has been positive, he admits that "10 percent of people said the doll doesn't look like Obama."

I would post photos here, but I'm sure that's a violation of copyright laws, so head over to the article to see for yourself. Do you see the resemblance?

2 comments:

Candice said...

Wow, I would be insulted. It looks more like Gary Coleman!!!

Alisha said...

I knew the doll looked like someone, but I couldn't put my finger on it. I think you got it with Gary Coleman.

If you read the article and the captions on the photos (especially photo 4), I think you'll find a lot of things at least slightly offensive. Or maybe just funny because it's so politically incorrect.