Can you believe that fall is only about two weeks away? One of my favorite things about fall is baking. I've been bookmarking a lot of recipes that use pumpkins or sweet potatoes. I was hoping to be able to use the produce growing on my balcony, but it looks like I'm going to have to purchase the pumpkins. It's still unknown whether there are any sweet potatoes buried under the soil in my containers, but the vines have enveloped about half of my balcony and I'm taking that as a good sign. There's one rogue vine that is growing up and around a post on the balcony. That's my favorite vine. There's another vine in the left corner of the photo that's thinking about climbing the pole. I think that's a pretty cool vine as well.

Do you see the rogue vine there in the back? Here's a close-up.

I was planning on harvesting the sweet potatoes this weekend, but during some last minute research on what to do with the potatoes after I pull them from the dirt I discovered that you're not supposed to water sweet potatoes for two to four weeks before harvesting them. So I'm going to wait another week or two.
In the meantime, I bought a couple of sweet potatoes at the grocery store and made
sweet potato bread over the weekend. It was really good. I think it would make a nice cupcake with whipped cream cheese frosting. Yummy!
1 comment:
i'm behind on reading blogs and just saw the homemade play-doh one. we just made some last week with a friend. i'm just curious what you did with your play-doh...did you and brian enjoy playing with it? :-)
Post a Comment