Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I love this beagle!

Brian and I often borrow phrases from some of our favorite tv shows, changing a word or two as needed. One phrase I exclaim fairly often is I LOVE THIS BEAGLE! (Like when Michael Scott exclaimed "I love this woman!" about Jan.) So here are just a few things that make me want to proclaim my love for Sharkdog.

He knows how to get comfortable.
Sleepy dog

When we brought Sharkdog home I only had one rule (that I can remember): He could not sleep in the bed with us. I don't know where I got that rule from, but it only lasted about a week. After I went to bed, Sharkdog would start running around or whining next to the bed. Several nights during the first week I ended up sleeping on the couch until Brian got home from work. I finally said he could sleep in our bed and he actually started sleeping at night.

He loves to be under the covers, so when he's ready to get under the covers he'll start gently scratching at the edge of the blanket near my shoulder. If I don't respond by lifting the cover, he'll inch towards my face until he's actually scratching my face, but it rarely takes me that long to lift the covers. He can manage to get under the covers himself when he has to, but on more than one occasion he has gotten himself inside the duvet cover instead of under the duvet.


He knows how to get even.

dry 1

dry 2

Brian probably find this funnier than I do, but every time Sharkdog has a bath the first thing he does when he gets out of the bathroom is run to the bed and dry himself on my covers. But it's so cute, I can't get mad.


He knows how to strike a pose.
Sharkdog's new coat

Sharkdog at Smiths 1

Strike a pose

You're probably thinking that Sharkdog must have some kind of formal modeling training, but this is all natural talent, baby.


He knows how to have a good time.

My favorite part is right after Brian says that he thinks Sharkdog is worn out.


He's iconic.
Che Guesharkdog Vote for Sharkdog

I'm sure I could go on and on, but I think I've proven my point. Sharkdog is a pretty swell dog.

3 comments:

Gena said...

I might even love shark dog more than my own..... :)

Alisha said...

I certainly wouldn't blame you, Gena. :) I don't know your dog, so that's not a reflection on him/her -- it's just that Sharkdog is so hard not to love.

Ice Pony Girl said...

What a handsome dog!!1 I so enjoyed all the photos. Your guys are cute.

Ice Pony Girl
Happy Tails Beagle List
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/happytails/