I still have the Jeffersons theme song stuck in my head.
Brian and I (with the help of the Haskews) are moving our stuff into our apartment today. I kept telling myself that since the apartment is furnished, we wouldn't need to buy anything before moving in. Of course, I overlooked the fact that we didn't have any bedding. And that all of our dishes and silverware and cooking paraphernalia is sitting in the container in a warehouse somewhere, so we have nothing to cook with, eat on or drink from. And the most important thing I overlooked -- THERE IS NO INTERNET CONNECTION YET. So we've been putting off moving over there.
However, it's time to stop dilly-dallying and just move in. And that's what we're going to do. I have no idea how long it will take to get internet service set up. The previous tenants haven't cancelled their phone and internet service, so we have to get that cancelled before we can set up our own account. (I know what you're thinking... If the previous tenants still have internet service at the apartment then we have internet service at the apartment. It's not that easy. When you sign up for service, you have to register a specific computer to the account. So our computer wouldn't work even if service is still available to the apartment.)
So this is just a lengthy way to tell you that I may not post anything for a few days. Of course, there's also a good chance that Brian and I will tote our laptops back to the apartment where we've been staying so we can use the internet. But if I don't respond to your comments over the next few days (in case you don't look back in the comments -- I always try to respond to them), I'll catch up once we have service at our new place.
Bis später!
P.S. Brian said the lights in the living are going to stay.
Tuesday, July 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm glad the living room lights are staying. Seriously. They're groovy in a way you just don't find anymore.
Glad you're getting moved in to your new place. I know you're ready to get settled. Hope you get internet soon. Love ya
Gina -- I think the lights are starting to grow on me. They make a cool reflection on the ceiling.
Mom -- We're certainly ready to be settled in. Hopefully the stuff we shipped will be delivered sometime in the near future.
Post a Comment