Friday, July 31, 2009

Friday Filler

Have you noticed it's been a little sparse here of late? I just don't have a lot of blog-worthy material these days. So I'm going to borrow an idea from some other blogs and each Friday I'll post a collection of random thoughts/observations/happenings. Hopefully it won't be too dull. Here goes:


Wake Up Call
Wednesday our mailman delivered a package to us -- at 6:45 in the morning! On the one hand, I was glad he actually brought the package to our door. Sometimes he just leaves a slip in our mailbox and we have to retrieve the package from the post office. But on the other hand, it was 6:45 in the morning. Now I know some of you are awake at that hour, but I generally am not. I wonder what time this guy starts his shift. Hopefully we were the first delivery of the morning.

Paging Alisha
Last week I was at the doctor's office and noticed the strangest things. Periodically, someone in the waiting room would just stand up and walk into the exam room. After the second or third person did this, I realized that the receptionist was calling the next patient. But she was using exactly the same tone and volume she used when talking to someone at the receptionist desk. And she was behind a wall and with her back turned to her, so it was almost impossible to hear her! When I knew it was almost my turn, I moved to the closest chair (which was still not in the line of sight of the receptionist's desk). I thought I was listening carefully until I noticed several people looking around. That's when I realized I had heard my name and it just didn't register. Hopefully I didn't look too foolish jumping up and rushing into the exam room.

And the winner is...
Several days ago I entered a giveaway to win a lovely quilt. Before I left a comment, I checked to make sure the contest was still running so I didn't look like an idiot entering a contest that was already over. The contest was still running, so I entered. But a few minutes after leaving a comment I got an email back saying that the contest had already ended -- and quite some time ago. It was from July 2008, not July 2009.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amiya uses the word "foolish" quite often and it always makes me laugh. She'll say things like "that was so foolish of me!" Now, I see where she gets it from. It made me laugh out loud that you said you hoped you didn't look to foolish.

Elaine said...

I like the musings. I do those kind of things all the time. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one!