Sunday, January 20, 2008

The most boring post ever

I don't really have anything to write about, but I feel compelled to write. It's a sickness, I think. So I've decided to show you some recent pictures. I hope you enjoy.


toilet

This is a sign for what is perhaps the most famous toilet in the world -- the Opera Toilet at the Karlsplatz U-Bahn station (right below the City Opera building). For a small fee, you can use the facilities while listening to the Blue Danube Waltz or something similar. The fee, in case you're wondering, is 60 Eurocents -- more than twice the price of the facilities at the train station which are an odd 27 Eurocents. I only took a picture of the sign and not the actual bathroom because I thought it was a little rude to snap a photo of the bathroom.


strassenbahnstop

I don't know why, but I really like this old-timey Strassenbahn sign. Maybe because it's so ornate compared to the modern Strassenbahn signs. Although, I must admit, I prefer the digital signs that display how many minutes until the next Strassenbahn or bus arrives.


DSCF1201

I was using the auto-timer on this photo. The camera makes a loud noise right before it takes the photo, which is what caused this quizzical look on Sharkdog's face.


bath 1

If this is the first time you've seen this photo, head over to Sharkdog's blog for more details. And go ahead and add his blog to your regular reading list so I don't have to keep sending you over there.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Man, old Wien is getting all fancy. I don't think they had an Opera Toilet or digital bus stop signs when I was there. I bet they put them in because they knew you'd like them.

Unknown said...

This is totally off-topic, but were you the person who was looking fop those gloves that are part mitten, part fingerless gloves? If so, I found some on clearance for a buck and I'll send them to you if you want 'em. If it wasn't you, I guess I'll have stocking stuffers for next year!

Alisha said...

Gina - No Opera Toilet when you visited? I thought the thing had been around forever. I think the digital signs are only about a year old and they're not at all of the stops.

Anonymous said...

funny signs! Also, I love the pictures of your dog, how cute! :) I hope everything is going well.